My Faith Experience
Why am I so sure that life goes on after we die?
For one, I listen to a lot of near death experiences on you tube (Although I don’t think getting your learning from you tube can make you a master of anything, unless it’s makeup. It’s not a reputable source). I used to listen to them daily. It fascinated me. Most were positive experiences, resulting of course from tragic circumstances. I was hooked, of course, because they gave me hope that “all is not lost” and there is a realm called heaven, and no, it is not all in your head. It’s very much real. This much I can believe.
There’s people that like to say that when you die your brain releases this DMT stuff that gives you funky visions. Why chalk it up to chemicals? Why wouldn’t people want to think it’s real? Do they want to be dead when they die? Or are they so stubbornly realistic? What is so bad about heaven?…is it that its existence would also prove the very real existence of hell?…
Most people don’t report going to hell.
In fact every experience is unique, with a few characteristic similarities: the tunnel, the light, the loved ones, the peace, the wise beings, the life review, the refusal to go back to earth. Would an oxygen deprived brain create these scenarios in a vacuum? Of course you could claim, this is not a real death experience because the person didn’t stay dead…yet they were pronounced clinically dead for a substantial matter of time. Oh, and time? Minutes could feel like months, some have said years went by. We don’t know what we’re dealing with here, what possibilities, what realities, what realms the universe contains …to quote a line from one of my favorite books: do you understand? ;)
Yet no one yet has been burned by flames, that I recall (I knew a guy from rehab that claimed he got burned by demons in a “conscious” state. That’s spooky shit (I really never got a grasp of what drugs he was doing. It was out of my wheelhouse)).
These stories have not only relaxed my fear of death but given me hope and peace (yet I still do fear dying by all means. I don’t know what it really is. But I’m sure it’s not the end). I used to fear for my soul because I was raised Baptist and I thought I probably have not been the best person I could be. God is still giving me a chance to live.
But We all will pass on (unless you’re still counting on the rapture). I assure you millions of souls have not been born to suffer in flames because they didn’t adhere to the right religion or do the right thing. We all make mistakes. We have a chance to learn and grow (though if you’re downright evil I don’t know where you will go. There may be hope yet for you (love conquers all)). We do deserve to see our deceased family members again.
I believe there is something good ahead, if not better. Call it eternal existence, union with the all, spirit life.
Faith is a powerful thing. It keeps me going.
Everything is going to be alright ;)
Comments
Post a Comment